IN AN ABANDONED HARBOUR AT NIGHT -2-

 



[1]

I was in a harbour abandoned to the night.

Now, I'm under the same roof again.

I'm fulfilling my aloneness' longing.

The snake bit its tail.

Russell hung around my neck.

While my soul runs from steppe to steppe

Koan fell on me.

My mind ejaculates in full

From night, it leapt upon me.

Sounds of lorries, like I've got a head full

Compared to the roar of the crowd,

A harmony, an accompaniment, from thought to thought

The mind comes back to itself by strumming

While it goes from itself, past the line

Here and now, it is accompanying me.

I kept quiet so that my silence could speak.

Kept quiet in this abandoned harbour at night.

That way, I could be full of aloneness.

Every time I'm full, though, I'm always hungry.

 

Poet: Cihat ÖZKAN

Translation: Cihat ÖZKAN



[1] This poem is the continuation of my poem 'In An Abandoned Harbour At Night (Geceye Metruk Bir Limanda)' in my poetry book 'Living a Wonderful Thing (Şahane Bir Şey Yaşamak)'.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar

MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATÜRK

"ŞAHANE BİR ŞEY YAŞAMAK"

KÖPEK KATLİAMI BİR ÇÖZÜM MÜDÜR?